Q. When is the race?
- A. The race will be held Sunday, May 20, 2018. The 5K event starts at 8:00am. The Kids' Fun Run events start at TBD.
Q. Where is the race?
- A. Pine Grove Elementary School at 151 Scoville Rd, Avon, CT 06001.
Q. Where do I park?
- A. Parking is available at Thompson Brook School at 150 Thompson Rd, Avon, CT 06001. There is short, paved path that connects Thompson
Brook to Pine Grove Elementary. The Pine Grove Elementary School parking lot will be closed for the event.
Q. How long is the race?
- A. The 5K is approximately 3.1 miles on paved surfaces. The Kids' Fun Run Events will include 1/2 Mile and 1 Mile races.
Q. How do I register?
- A. ONLINE REGISTRATION Closed as of May XX. Race Day registration opens at TBD (5K) and TBD (Kids' Fun Run). Please bring cash or
check if you plan to register the day of the race- we will not be able to accept cards.
Q. How much is the registration fee?
- A. Register online for the 5K to take advantage of the $TBD registration fee! (You must register by May XX to be guaranteed to receive a free
t-shirt.) Race Day registration is $TBD (t-shirt not guaranteed). Registration for the Kids' Fun Run is $TBD.
Q. Who receives the registration proceeds?
Q. Is the registration fee refundable?
- A. The registration fee is non-refundable.
Q. How do I get my race packet?
- A. Pick up your race packet the morning of the race beginning at TBD. There is no packet pick-up prior to the event.
Q. Do I get a free t-shirt?
- A. You must register online by May TBD to ensure you receive a free t-shirt.
Q. Can I walk instead of run?
- A. Yes- you can choose to walk or run or both! Enjoy being part of the community at any pace!
Q. Can my friends/family cheer for me during the race?
- A. We encourage cheers of support! Click on the Course tab to see a course map and plot your cheering squad's spot.
Q. Are strollers, pets, bikes or roller blades allowed?
- A. Strollers are permitted. Pets, bikes, roller blades, etc are prohibited.
Q. Is this a USATF Certified Course and timed event?
- A. The Avon Road Race is a USATF Certified Course and results are timed.
Q. Are there awards for the event?
- A. Awards will be presented at TBD to the Top 3 participants in the 5K event for the following groups:
- Adult Men Age13+, Youth Boys Ages 10-12, Youth Boys Ages 8-9, Youth Boys Age 7 and under
- Adult Women Age 13+, Youth Girls Ages 10-12, Youth Girls Ages 8-9, Youth Girls Age 7 and under
Q. What if it rains?
- A. This is a rain or shine event.
Q. Is there a place at the race to store my personal items?
- A. No- the Avon Road Race does not provide a place to store personal items.
Q. How can I volunteer to help with the event?
- We love your help! Please click here and you will be directed to a website to sign up for volunteer opportunities. Thank you!